Scott Gottlieb, CPA

105 Maxess Road, Suite N116
Melville, New York 11747

Office: 631-574-4484 or 631-253-CPA2

631-574-4484 phone
American Institute of CPA'S
Member of BNI
Certified Quickbooks Pro Advisor
Registered In NY

certified quickbooks proadvisor
  For My Clients
  City/State/Federal Tax Forms & Revenue Links
  IRS Information For All
  NYC Business Forms
  State Business Forms
  Federal Business Forms
  Quickbook Updates
  Links of Interest
  U.S. Tax Code
  Tax & Government Links
  Tax Humor & History
  Contact Us
  Articles & News
  Current Article
  Archived Tax Articles
  American Recovery
Reinvestment Act 2009
  Archives Interest Sites

Balance Budget Act 1997


Never Underestimate the Value of A CPA

Pet Adoption










August 2002

Editor: Scott Gottlieb, CPA
Assistant editor: Susan A. Maffetone, CPA


It's a good idea to keep track of your records throughout the year. Your records can help you document the deductions that you claim on your tax return.
One of the easiest ways, is to set up a file at the beginning of the year and put the following documents in it.

  • Bills
  • Receipts
  • Invoices
  • Mileage logs
  • Canceled checks
  • or any other proof of payment, and any other records to support any deductions or credits you claim on your return.

In case the IRS select your return for examination having these documents available will help make the examination go more smoothly.

Most tax records should be kept for three years, but some documents should be kept longer such as
records relating to a home sale or purchase, stock transactions, IRA, business or
rental property — should be kept longer.





1997-2009 Scott Gottlieb, CPA. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer/Use of Site

The materials on this Web site are for informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as accounting advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a CPA-Client relationship. You should not act upon this information without seeking counsel from a Certified Public Accountant