Scott Gottlieb, CPA

105 Maxess Road, Suite N116
Melville, New York 11747

Office: 631-574-4484 or 631-253-CPA2

631-574-4484 phone
American Institute of CPA'S
Member of BNI
Certified Quickbooks Pro Advisor
Registered In NY

certified quickbooks proadvisor
  For My Clients
  City/State/Federal Tax Forms & Revenue Links
  IRS Information For All
  NYC Business Forms
  State Business Forms
  Federal Business Forms
  Quickbook Updates
  Links of Interest
  U.S. Tax Code
  Tax & Government Links
  Tax Humor & History
  Contact Us
  Articles & News
  Current Article
  Archived Tax Articles
  American Recovery
Reinvestment Act 2009
  Archives Interest Sites

Balance Budget Act 1997


Never Underestimate the Value of A CPA

Pet Adoption










Tax Information For Corporations

2008 Changes to Form 1065 - Frequently Asked Questions
Form 1065 has a number of changes for 2008. For example, Schedule B and Schedule K-1 require reporting of ownership percentages.

Abusive Tax Shelters and Transactions
The IRS has a comprehensive strategy in place to combat abusive tax shelters and transactions. This strategy includes guidance on abusive transactions, regulations governing tax shelters, a hotline for taxpayers to use to report abusive technical transactions.

Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
The Alternative Fuel Motor Vehicle Credit was enacted by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and includes separate credits for four distinct categories of vehicles: Hybrid vehicles, Fuel Cell vehicles, Qualified Alternative Fuel Motor vehicles (QAFMV) and Advanced Lean Burn Technology vehicles.

Application of Posted 1065 FAQ Answers to Similar Form 1120 Questions
Posted 1065 FAQ answers regarding ownership reporting for Form 1065 Schedule B questions 3 and 4 may be applied to similar issues in reporting ownership for Form 1120 Schedule K questions 4 and 5.

e-file for Large and Mid-Size Corporations
Certain large and mid-size corporations are required to electronically file their Forms 1120 and 1120S. Other corporations may do so voluntarily.

Filing Requirements for Filing Status Change (revised 03-12-09)
Guidance for taxpayers requesting to change their filing status from a C Corporation (filing Form 1120) to an S Corporation (filing Form 1120S).

Tax Changes for Individuals

Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
There are several changes affecting Alternative Minimum Tax for 2008 and 2009.

Child-Related Tax Changes
Information on adoption benefits, child's investment income, and additional child tax credit.

Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax
There are several changes to the credit for prior year minimum tax.

Decreased Estimated Tax Payment for Qualified Individuals With Small Businesses
For 2009, qualified individuals with small businesses may be eligible to make smaller estimated tax payments.

Deduction for Credit or Debit Card Convenience Fees
If you pay your income tax (including estimated tax payments) by credit or debit card, you may be able to deduct convenience fees.

Deduction for Sales and Excise Taxes Imposed on Purchase of New Motor Vehicles
In 2009, you can deduct the state or local sales and excise taxes imposed on the purchase of a qualified motor vehicle after February 16, 2009, and before January 1, 2010.

Definition of "Qualified Military Benefit" Expanded
The definition of "qualified military benefit" is expanded.

Earned Income Credit
The earned income credit amounts have increased for 2008 and 2009.

Economic Recovery Payment
Information on new economic recovery payments and credits.





1997-2009 Scott Gottlieb, CPA. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer/Use of Site

The materials on this Web site are for informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as accounting advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a CPA-Client relationship. You should not act upon this information without seeking counsel from a Certified Public Accountant